D-I-Y > Soda bottle candy dish
description: Convert an empty soda bottle into a candy dish. You can also check out this project in the Plastic Pizzazz Book in the This into That series and in the Spring '07 issue of Craft Magazine. This little dish makes a guest appearance in there along with some other plastic scrapfriends.
- soda bottle (or empty fruit cup)
- non-permanent marker
1. Start with a clean, dry bottle. Using a non-permanent marker, mark the areas of the bottle you’d like to use. It helps to cut extra and trim the bottle down. We used the bottom 2.5” of a 20 ounce bottle.
2. Take a tack and poke a hole in the bottle outside the area you’d like to keep.
3. Take your scissors and push them into the bottle through the hole you just made. Cut around your bottle separating the top from the bottom where you marked your guideline.
4. Punch holes around the top or your container about .5” apart.
5. Take two 16” pieces of ribbon and weave them in and out of the holes. End with a bow.
Optional: you can also use an empty single-serving fruit cup to make into a dish like the image on the bottom left.