D-I-Y > Sock Sack
2. Next, cut the shoelace or ribbon to about a foot long. Cut the straw to 2" long.
3. Slip one piece of the shoelace or ribbon through the straw. Pull it back down against the outside of the straw.
4. Slide the straw and the shoelace through one of the notched openings in the sock. Continue to thread the shoelace through the opening on the other side of the sock. Remove the straw from the shoelace. Your shoelace should create a loop around the inside of the hem of your sock.
5. Tie the ends of the shoelace in a double knot.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second piece of your shoelace, but start on the opposite side of the hem.
7. You should now have a knotted piece of shoelace on opposite sides of the sock. When you pull them away from each other, the top of the sock will close.