D-I-Y > Toilet paper tube fruit bowl
description: You'll be on a recycling roll when you attack this project. Turn empty toilet paper tubes into a fancy fruit stand in a few easy steps. Finally those ubiquitous paper tubes will get the respect they deserve.
- cardboard tubes from toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- water-based sealant (like Polycrylic)
- glue gun or long piece of ribbon
1.Mark a spot on your paper tubes between 2" and 5" on each tube. The mark a line around the entire tube. To keep your line straight, slip a rubberband around the tube and mark just above the rubberband. Cut each tube off at the point you marked.
2. Paint and seal (follow directions on the labels) and let dry overnight.
3. Arrange the rolls as you'd like them and tie a bow around the outside or use a glue gun to hold them all together. Add fruit and you've created your very own, recycled fruit bowl.